Bucatini with Cherry Tomatoes and Sage
A recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi. The sage is an interesting choice of herb.
Cooking time: 1 hour
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until shimmering, then add garlic, pepper flakes, and bay leaves, stirring for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes, until the tomatoes break down.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered on a steady simmer until the tomatoes have broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaves, stir in the smoked paprika and half the sage, then cover to keep warm.
- Cook the pasta, mix with the sauce, the rest of the sage, some romano, and additional olive oil.
Submitted by: Joel
Thanks to: Milk Street