Chicken Alfredo-ish Pasta with Herbs
This was an experimental dish with stuff we had on hand that turned out to be really good.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper, then when skillet is hot, brown on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add wine, scraping any brown bits, then chicken broth. Cover and braise over medium heat, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta water.
- Remove the lid on the chicken, and transfer chicken to a plate. Tent with foil.
- Increase the heat of skillet and cook the liquid down to a half cup. (This would be a good time to drop the pasta.) Add the cream and a tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Stir constantly as the mixture bubbles up a bit and settles down. Turn down the heat a little and then add the rosemary/other herbs. Continue to cook sauce as pasta cooks, about 5 minutes until nice and thick. Check for seasoning and add as necessary.
- Chop up the chicken and return it to the pan, along with the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
- Serve in warmed bowls.
Submitted by: Liz
Thanks to: The genius of Joel and Liz