Make this recipe in three parts. Worth the effort.
Cooking time: 2-3 days
- Make the graham cracker base (first section of ingredent list): In the bowl of electric mixer, cream butter, sugars and honey until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flours, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat unti dough just comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic and pat into a disc. Chill at least an hour or up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil or parchment. On a lightly floured surface, or in between two sheets of parchment, roll out the dough in to a rectangle that just fits the pan. Carefully transfer dough to pan, squishing to fit if it starts to tear. Prick all over with fork and bake 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. (Can be made days ahead and stored covered in foil at room temp.)
- Prepare the honey marshmallow: Place gelatin in cold water to bloom. Cook 2 c. sugar, honey, 1/2 cup water over medium heat in saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves, until mixture reaches 240 on a candy thermometer.
- Concurrently, in bowl of electric mixer, whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. When the sugar mixture is at room temperature, carefully pour it into the egg whites while whisking. Continue whisking until mixture has cooled slightly, about 1 minute, and add gelatin and water mixture and vanilla. Continue whisking until the mixture begins to thicken and quadruples in volume, 5-7 minutes. Scrape the marshmallow onto the graham cracker base and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Allow marshmallow to set for 4 hours or overnight at room temp.
- Prepare chocolate glaze: When marshmallow has fully set, place chocolate in a bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate and whisk until melted and glaze is smooth and shiny. Pour glaze onto marshmallow and smooth with spatula. Allow glaze to set, about 30 minutes, before cutting into squares.
Submitted by: Liz
Thanks to: Cook This Now by Melissa Clark