Pork tenderloin with tomato-basil salsa
Use a disposable roasting pan with the broiler to get a nice crust all around the tenderloin. Works well!
Cooking time: 9-13 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325 and place the upper rack near the broiler (4-6 inches away from the element).
- Prepare the pork: trim off fat, separate the loins if necessary, and use the twine to fold over skinny parts to make the tenderloins more even, and tie the twine in equal parts around the individual loins. Place in the aluminum roasting pan.
- Make a slurry by whisking the salt, pepper and veg. oil in a small dish. Add the baking soda. Rub this mixture evenly over the tenderloins.
- Flip the oven to the broiler setting and slide the tenderloins in there. Set the timer to 9 minutes.
- Prepare the salsa: mix tomatoes, parsley, basil, shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar with a "fair amount" of salt - to taste.
- After 9 minutes, check the temperature of the tenderloins. Broil until the temperature has reached 130, then remove and let rest under tented foil for ten minutes.
Submitted by: Liz
Thanks to: America's Test Kitchen TV show