Bacon and Swiss Cheese Strata
- In a skillet or microwave, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain and let cool. Bread the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small skillet, melt butter, add shallots and sauté. Set aside to cool.
- Trims crusts from bread and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place bread cubes in lightly greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish. Add cooled shallots, bacon, and shredded cheese and mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, and thyme, plus salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over dish ingredients, cover tightly, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake with a lid or foil cover for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Submitted by: Liz
Thanks to: Uncle Art