Red Pepper Soup
- Put oil in large pot. Add onion when oil is hot. Cook onions until they begin to soften and take on color. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add wine and cook down quickly and on high heat, until only one tablespoon is left.
- Add peppers, stock, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- In food processor or with an immersion blender, puree mixture in until smooth (if a food processor, in batches).
- Adjust seasonings to taste
Submitted by: Liz
Thanks to: New York Times