Baked Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse dried mushrooms to remove dust. Place in bowl and pour boiling water over. Steep while cooking onions.
- Chop one onion into fine dice. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook about 8 minutes until soft and golden. Push onion to side of post, turn heat to medium high. Add sliced cremini mushrooms and let cook 5 minutes without stirring. Flip and cook another 5 minutes until crust forms on bottom of pan.
- Drain dried mushrooms, reserving liquid. Add mushrooms and rosemary sprig, sauté briefly, mixing with the other elements in the pot.
- Add rice and cook, stirring once or twice, about 4 minutes, or until rice begins to turn transparent.
- Turn heat to high and add wine, vinegar, broth, and mushroom liquid. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Cover and bake about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining
Submitted by: Liz