Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Melt the butter in a largish soup pot over medium-high heat. (Be careful not to let the butter brown.) Add the onion, carrots, and ginger.
- Stir in the thyme leaves and salt. Sauté for a few minutes, until the veggies begin to soften, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour the broth in, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables are completely cooked, roughly another 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and give it a whirl.
- Once blended, pour into bowls and top with the parsley.
Submitted by: Liz