Quinoa and Avocado Salad
- Soak dried fruit in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, boil together 2 cups water and quinoa, with 1/2 teaspoon salt, over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent and tender (10-15 minutes). Fluff with fork and spread on baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze one tablespoon juice into a small bowl with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Whisk in coriander, cumin, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large bowl, toss vinaigrette with quinoa, fruit, avocado, onoions, and almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!
Submitted by: Liz