A work of art, refined over the years.
- Place two strips of bacon into a cold pan, turn up to about 5 and cook them until they're brown. When you're finished, transfer the bacon to a plate between paper towels.
- In the pan, add the garlic and saute it, then add the tomatoes, salt, rosemary and whiskey, scraping off the brown bits with the alcohol and tomato juice.
- Cook sauce at high heat for a couple of minutes, then bring down to low.
- Boil water, add salt, drop in pasta.
- Just before the pasta’s done, cut up the bacon into bits and add the bits into the sauce.
- Add about a half-teaspoon of butter to the sauce, stir in pasta, and serve.
Submitted by: Joel